Annual Events and Festivals
Experience Authentic Appalachian Events
From celebrations for all holidays and the Polar Express to craft fairs, markets, music, marathons and more, the excitement never stops in Bryson City. Our mountain sides are constantly buzzing with wonderful events, festivals and Can't-miss live music. Don’t miss out on all of the fun!
Here are just a few of the annual events that come back year after year:
- Freedom Fest - An Independence Day celebration on the 4th of July
- Fall Events at Darnell Farms - Hayrides to a pumpkin patch, and a series of special fall events including Plow Day and Harvest Festival
- Strawberry Jam at Darnell Farms in May
- NOCtoberfest at the Nantahala Outdoor Center in October
Holiday and Christmas Season
- Polar Express Train Excursions in November and December
- Spirit of Christmas in November
- Cookies and Hot Cocoa at the Visitor Center in November and December
- Christmas Parade on the first Saturday in December
Select your vacation dates on the calendar below on the left and see what events are scheduled. Make sure to check back because we are adding new events weekly!
Local farmers and authentic artisans Picnic tables Live music Pet-friendly (must be leashed) Rain or shine event Tuckasegee riverfront…
NOCtoberfest, NOC’s annual fall family fun event returns! Enjoy leaf season in the Smoky Mountains at Nantahala Outdoor Center’s annual…